Canine Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canine Wars

Canine wars! a battle between Wolves and Dogs. choose your side!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Caninewars! Canine forum-based roleplaying!
If your registered, feel free to jump on the chatbox and have a chat with anyone who might be online (or about to come online)
Please remember to check the RULES & IMPORTANT INFORMATION thread often, ignorance is no excuse and the important stuff is there!
Say hi and head over to the INTRODUCE YOURSELF! forum to, well, introduce yourself!

A longing for a friend

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A longing for a friend Empty
PostSubject: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:25 pm

Mystic lied on the ground, lost in her thoughts. She longed for a friend, but wasn’t sure who was able to be trusted or not.

‘I’m just too wary of others,’ she thought. ‘The next canine that I meet, I’ll try to befriend.’

She sighed, and dropped her head onto her paws. She sighted a couple of birds flitting around not to far off. As she watched them, she couldn’t help but think, ‘Even the birds have friends!’

“Well,” she muttered, shutting her eyes, “at least you’re not lonely.”
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:29 pm

Zetsumei padded into the valley when she smelled something. 'Hm... a fox...'she sniffed again. '...with a hint of wolf. It's on the wolves' side.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Mystic's ears perked. The wind carried a scent of another canine. She sniffed the air and determined that it was an Ethiopian Wolf.

She stood up and called out, "Who's there?"
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:40 pm

Zetsumei thought for a moment. If this canine knew Japanese, it might know just what her name meant... 'death'. "I...I'm Zetsumei."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:53 pm

'Zetsumei!' Mystic's heart skipped a beat as the name rung through her mind. She knew well that it meant 'death' in Japanese. She quickly dismissed it as nothing important, and shook off her fear. It was just a name, nothing more.

"Hello, Zetsumei. I..." Mystic faltered, but quickly regained composure, "I am Mystic. It is a pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 8:57 pm

Zetsumei looked away for a moment. "Hello, Mystic..." she said quietly, almost sadly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Mystic cocked her head to the side in confusion. Was that a hint of sadness she heard in Zetsumei's voice? Her concern got the best of her.

"Is there something wrong?"
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:15 pm

Zetsumei sighed. "You know the meaning of my name. This isn't the name I was born with. I was originally Akai, 'Red'. I always seemed to appear just before a packmate died. They banished me and gave me a name to show 'how terrible' I was."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:28 pm

"They banished you?"Mystic didn't enjoy the thought of that at all."Perhaps it was just a coincidence that you showed up just before a packmate died! Did they think of that?! Surely you are not nearly as horrible as the perceive you to be!"

Mystic wasn't even sure if she believed what she herself had said, but what Zetsumei said angered her.
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:33 pm

"I told them that... but as with most the world, many thoughts are spoken to deaf ears."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:37 pm

Mystic growled, doing her best to hold back her anger.

"They had no right to jump to conclusions! They should have heard you out and treated you fairly!"
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:40 pm

"I guess they thought differently. If that's what they do, though, I'd say that I'm better off without them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:42 pm

"I should say so! I would never want a pack like that!"

Mystic snapped a stick in her jaws, and through the pieces to the side.

"I thought packmates were supposed to look out for one another, not turn on each other due to some coincidence!"
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 9:46 pm

"It's surprising that they call themselves a pack at all."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:20 am

Mystic nodded in reply. 'The way they treated her, they have no right to consider themselves a pack,' she thought.

"I'm sure that you'll find others that do care and wouldn't jump to conclusions, unlike that 'pack' you had before. I, for one, can tell that you are a wonderful wolf and not a terrible creature that they saw you as."
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:25 am

"Well, the past is the past."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:36 am

"That is true.It is best not to dwell in it. What should be focused on is in the present."
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:38 am

Zetsumei nodded. "Well, how are you?" she asked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 8:48 am

Mystic was slightly caught off guard by this question. She had never been asked this before, and had never expected to be asked it.

"I am well..."she said. Mystic wasn't sure how else to respond. "How are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:03 am

"Well, I'm fine, I guess."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:12 am

Mystic paused. She wasn't sure what else to say.

"So, um, you do have some friends, right?" she asked. She hoped that Zetsumei did have friends, and if she didn't, Mystic was determined to become one.
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:19 am

"Not really. No one but you has stayed long enough for me to tell them anything.'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:24 am

"Oh, well, I guess I'll just have to be your first friend then, won't I?" Mystic said cheerfully.
Back to top Go down
Varya
Administrator
Administrator
Varya

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 9:29 am

Zetsumei smiled a little. "I suppose so."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitimeSat May 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Mystic smiled back. "Good, so that's settled," she said, "I'm your friend now, and unlike that 'pack' I will not betray you. As your friend, I shall help you any way I possibly can. Don't hesitate to ask for anything you need!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A longing for a friend   A longing for a friend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A longing for a friend
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next